Monday, May 4, 2015

A long over due update

Gosh, my last post was written in 2013, boy.... I have so much to catch up on!

In 2013 I was adjusting to step-motherhood, which was an amazing blessing, but it was tough. I went from seeing my step daughter every few months to having to take care of her more than half of the week. With that and adjusting to the big move to San Francisco, my blogging motivation suffered a great deal.... clearly, haha.

I also had found myself not as interested in clothing shoots. I guess after a while fashion blogging felt more like a chore and less like a fun hobby, which really killed the whole thing for me.

After some time, Aaron and I found a cute, but extremely tiny, apartment that we now call our little burrow.

Shortly after settling into our apartment, we were pleasantly surprised:




On 9.9.14 I found myself looking down at a pregnancy test that, without any question, started back at me with two, very clear, red lines. 




My bouncing little gummy bear is 9 weeks in this ultrasound... and I was already completely in love.

My first trimester was extremely difficult, I was cursed with severe hyperemesis gravidarum. Basically, at 6 weeks of pregnancy, I was struck with terrible morning sickness that was more than the "regular" amount.I would throw up about 4 to 7 times a day, I couldn't keep anything down and had 0 energy. 

At this ultrasound visit, I nearly passed out and had to go to the ER for an IV to get hydrated. Thankfully during that visit I was prescribed Zofran and didn't have another episode like that again, although I had to use Zofan throughout my ENTIRE pregnancy,


From the journal:

Cravings, cravings... cravings. I crave anything that is talked about, anything I see on TV or suddenly think about. I often crave ice cream or random things like pickles. Every day is different, though. I honestly have to wait to eat dinner until I figure out what I want. Poor Aaron has made so many trips to the market to get me whatever I'm craving that night. If I don't get that *EXACT* thing I'm craving, I feel like I'm going to cry or have a temper tantrum. It's bad.
One night Aaron went out because I was begging for a cherry pie, he unfortunately came home with an Apple pie... I was distraught."


 I'm going to break up the next few pieces of the update, so read on fr more details about my Baby Shower, Maternity Shoot, and, finally, my little ones Birth Story.





No comments:

Post a Comment