Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our Seattle Trip


Aaron and I had a hard time choosing where we wanted to go for our first small Vacation, but after a while we realized that Seattle would be the best possible option. We really wanted to experience a difference in atmosphere since we live in Orange County, not to mention the interested in all of the different food options! Aaron is quite the foodie, so he was most impressed by the sea food restaurants in the area!  

Our trip could not have been more exciting. Everyday spent there was absolutely amazing and the people in Seattle were just so nice. All the locals kept telling us how lucky we were to be experiencing Seattle on "a good weekend" since the sun was shining and there wasn't too much overcast! 

Needless to say, we really loved the experience.


The drive into the city was always pretty breathtaking, as simple as it was. We must have taken like 100 pictures of the sky alone during this trip! We were just so mesmerized by it!





Touchdown into the Farmers Market. We missed the fish throwing event, but we were still able to enjoy the night life and see a lot of great places!










See what I mean with the sky? Gorgeous!


We hit up the a few talked about coffee shops in the area. 
Top Pot was very cute, it's a  freshly baked doughnuts shop with hand crafted coffee! I was in heaven! 


After that, Aaron and I went to see the Chihuly Exhibit! It was the first time I'd ever been to one of his galleries before.

All I can really say is that I was thoroughly impressed. He is such a unique thinker. Each piece, each scene was so perfectly crafted... I am sad to say I wasn't able to capture all the great details of his work, but I did get quite a few images that will forever inspire me :}





Aaron was pretty disappointed because Dale Chihuly had been at the exhibit only a half hour before we arrived. He was pretty sad, Chihuly is his favorite artist.
















After that we headed to the Space Needle! I was not excited about it at first, since I have a terrible fear of heights, but Aaron persisted and I eventually caved in!




The view from the Space Needle.


I was happy to be on the ground again after that!




 Aaron taking creative liberties with the camera. I really loved this shot of the Space Needle.



A quick visit to Freeway Park!




Aaron and I ended our trip with a cute little hike in Snoqualmie Falls!












This trip really helped us in our future trip planning. We're hoping to go to Holland soon to visit my family, but we may end up going to Oregon first. Either way, Seattle was a perfect first vacation! 


 xox, a modern dame

No comments:

Post a Comment