Saturday, February 2, 2013

A Fallen Meteorite


I guess I should start by apologizing for my lack of blogging this past week, there are several reasons, but the main one was Aaron was gone for a trip to Canada with his mother for a couple of days. Nevertheless he's home now and I shall be back at it ;}

When Aaron got home, neither of us could contain ourselves, we gave each other our valentine's day gifts right away! His gift to me was a gorgeous, dainty, meteorite necklace. It's absolutely stunning, I am simply in love with it and couldn't wait to blog about it! 

While Aaron was in Canada, I thrifted this fun knitted poncho that I thought would be great for the shoot! I paired it with a cute leather skirt, a sheer long sleeved top, some black leggings, and long black heels Aaron bought me some years back. I also thought it would be neat to style it with this amazing tablet purse Aaron's dad bought me this past Christmas. I rarely, if ever, see business cases/purses styled and thought it would be a nice touch to this stormy look.


I really wanted to go with something darker for the look of this poncho, as well as for the meteorite, since it's iron. I had a fun time playing with the different textures for all of my mixed blacks, it created a nice layering effect that I'm really pleased with. 




Here is a close up f the meteorite necklace. I really don't want to take it off, it's so darn pretty and I am in love with the length. There's always something nice about intimate jewelry that I find much more appealing than huge statement necklaces, not to say that I don't love those, it's just smaller, more meaningful necklaces tend to make me feel more "special."



Here is the shirt I had under the poncho. It is extremely comfortable! I bought this at Buffalo Exchange for $5.99 what a steal! It is so soft and glittery, I can't wait to wear it with some plain jeans!



I love this Tumi tablet purse. I usually use it for my computer (samsung slate 700 series), when I'm out on freelance meetings, etc. It's really very classy looking, I think. I also really love all the extra pocket space it gives as well. 



poncho & leather skirt{thrifted}, boots {gifted}, sheer long sleeved top {ginger g apparel at Buffalo Exchange}, tablet purse Tumi , photos by Aaron Jones


Again, I couldn't help myself. Aaron looked so cute in the gloomy sky light I had to take a few shots of his new jean jacket and his lovely profile. <3



Aaron got his jean jacket from Zanrobe


xox, a modern dame

1 comment:

  1. That necklace is gorgeous. I love your boots too.

    bisous
    Suzanne
    http://bisous.typepad.com/bisous/

    ReplyDelete